Southern Midlands Event Calendar
This site is new, There are no events found
Total Results = 0
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Southern Midlands event simply Login
Events in and around Southern Midlands
Welcome to Southern Midlands, Tasmania! This beautiful region offers endless opportunities for adventure and excitement throughout the year. Here are some of the best seasonal events happening in and around Southern Midlands that you won't want to miss!
- The Tasmanian Beerfest: Sip on some of the finest craft beers Tasmania has to offer at this annual event held in Hobart. There will be food trucks, live music and over 100 different brews to taste.
- Southern Midlands Agricultural Show: Held in January in the historic town of Kempton, this is a classic country show held over two days with livestock, produce, and other exhibitions. A truly traditional Tasmanian experience.
- Fat Pig Farm Seasonal Feast: Join the crew at Fat Pig Farm in Glaziers Bay for a long table feast of seasonal, locally sourced produce. Enjoy the beautiful autumn colours of the Huon Valley while Chef Gabel presents a delicious feast. Private booking only.
- Tasmanian Whisky Week: Celebrate the state’s rich whisky history with tastings, distillery tours and meet the makers in Launceston and Hobart. Come and explore the different distilleries and meet the passionate people who create these amazing spirits.
- Dark MOFO: An annual winter art and music festival in Hobart, featuring large scale public art installations, free concerts and evening events, with food, drinks, and markets.
- Huon Valley Mid Winter Festival: This event in late July celebrates the pagan tradition of wassailing, the practice of scaring off evil spirits to ensure a good apple harvest. Consume cider, feast on Apple Pie, be entertained by Morris dancers, and join the procession.
- Taste of the Huon: Held in late March, this festival is a fabulous showcase of locally sourced food and wine - featuring over 80 stallholders in the beautiful Ranelagh Park. Discover the unique tastes of the Huon Valley region with live cooking demonstrations, live entertainment and children's activities.
- Royal Hobart Show: One of the most iconic annual agricultural shows in Australia for more than 150 years - with farm animals, food, and drink stalls and plenty of food, entertainment, and rides for children. The show is held over three days in October.
There are plenty of events to keep you busy throughout the year in Southern Midlands. For more information on these events, be sure to check out their official website or social media pages for contact and ticket information.