Southern Midlands Local Services
Southern Midlands ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Southern Midlands site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Southern Midlands Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Southern Midlands When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Southern Midlands Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Southern Midlands Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Southern Midlands ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Southern Midlands and a Place to Meet
The southernmidlands.tas.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Southern Midlands
Southern Midlands, located in the heart of Tasmania, is a region that boasts of stunning landscapes, rich history, abundant wildlife, and a vibrant community. Here are some interesting facts about this idyllic region:
1. The region is home to the iconic colonial town of Richmond, which is the oldest surviving town in Tasmania, with a history dating back to the early 1800s. It features several historic buildings, including Australia's oldest bridge, the Richmond Bridge.
2. The Southern Midlands is known for its farming activities and is home to some of the largest apple orchards in the country, producing an abundance of fruits and vegetables.
3. The region is also known for its stunning vineyards, producing some of Australia's finest wines, including Riesling, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir.
4. The Southern Midlands is home to an array of wildlife, including the Tasmanian devil, wallabies, echidnas, and numerous bird species, making it a popular destination for nature lovers.
5. The Campbell Town Convict Brick Trail is a unique attraction in the region, featuring more than 70 unique bricks created by convicts in the early 19th century.
6. The community in the Southern Midlands is active and friendly, with various events and festivals held throughout the year, including the annual Taste of the Huon Festival, the Richmond Village Fair, and the Campbell Town Show.
7. Oatlands, located in the Southern Midlands region, boasts of having the largest and only working colonial mill in the country, providing visitors with an insight into the mills' history and operation.
8. The Tasmanian Trail, which is a 480-kilometre-long trail that spans across the state, passes through the Southern Midlands, giving visitors the opportunity to explore the fantastic scenery that the region has to offer.
9. The region is also home to several beautiful waterfalls, including Russell Falls, which is located in the Mount Field National Park, and Montezuma Falls, which is the tallest waterfall in Tasmania.
10. The Southern Midlands region has played a significant role in the country's history and played a crucial role in the establishment of Tasmania. Visitors can explore its rich history through the various museums and historical sites in the region, giving visitors an insight into early colonial life in Australia.